For many patients on a journey to sculpt and tone their bodies, the last few inches of fat can often present the most significant challenge in achieving their goal figure. Even with a detailed workout regimen and diet, excess fat cells in the abdomen, arms, back, and buttocks can be almost impossible to minimize.
At the Key Laser Institute of Portland, board-certified dermatologist Dr. Douglas Key uses FDA-cleared CoolSculpting therapy to help patients shed inches from problem areas, without surgical intervention.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is an innovative, non-surgical fat reduction treatment developed to target and eliminate stubborn fat cells. The technology was designed on the process of cryolipolysis – eliminating fat cells by applying freezing temperatures.
Until recently, surgeries like liposuction had been the only truly effective way of removing unwanted adipose tissue. However, the preparation and recovery process of undergoing even this minimally invasive treatment can be enough to put people off the idea of surgery. Then came CoolSculpting.
By permanently and safely eliminating adipose tissue directly from the targeted areas, patients no longer worry about these stubborn pockets of fat expanding and compromising their shape.
How CoolSculpting Works
Part of the innovative nature of CoolSculpting comes from its unique application of freezing temperatures, which affect fat cells, not surface soft tissue. During the procedure, the target area is placed between two panels, which direct freezing temperatures to only the fat cells. The adipose tissue is frozen without compromising surrounding tissue. In the weeks following this non-surgical fat reduction procedure, the cells are eliminated from the body, allowing individuals to enjoy the full results of their treatment typically within four to six months of their visit.
Who is a Candidate?
Given the hyper-targeted nature of the device, CoolSculpting is an excellent option for any patient looking to eliminate stubborn areas of fat that are keeping them from reaching their goals. At our office in Portland, Dr. Key has successfully used this minimally-invasive solution to remove fat cells from the thighs, abdomen, legs, arms, back, and obliques of male and female patients.
Fat Freezing Body Sculpting at Key Laser Institute
Like all other comprehensive procedures performed by our experienced team, CoolSculpting treatment starts with an in-depth consultation. Our goal is to ensure this solution will provide the results you’re looking for. While CoolSculpting is an effective non-surgical fat reduction technique, it is not a replacement for weight-loss efforts.
What To Expect:
- In the days leading up to your treatment, we recommend patients avoid taking over-the-counter medications or supplements that thin blood. Similarly, maintaining a healthy diet and smoking cessation before and after your procedure can help accelerate the healing process.
- During CoolSculpting you first feel the cold applicator grip your area of unwanted fat and then a comfortable cooling sensation while the treatment reaches the fat cells underneath the skin.
- At the end of the session, you may feel an uncomfortable tingling while the treated area “wakes up” from the cold sensation. Our clinicians apply gentle compression to the area to minimize discomfort.
- Overall, this is a comfortable treatment; patients regularly read or use their phone or tablet during a session to pass the time.
- You may experience some soreness for about 1-2 weeks post treatment. However, most patients can return to their normal activities immediately after treatment.
- After one treatment, you’ll typically see a noticeable reduction in fat and best results will emerge over 4-6 months as the body gradually eliminates fat cells.
- You may choose to have additional treatments depending on how much fat you wish to lose.
Schedule Your CoolSculpting Consultation Today!
Achieve your dream figure without surgery. CoolSculpting is a non-surgical, fat reduction solution designed to help patients lose fat and inches, without the lengthy surgical recovery. Learn more about the advantages of CoolSculpting by scheduling your consultation with our Portland specialist today!