Dr. Douglas Key
Meet Dr. Douglas Key
Dr. Douglas J. Key is one of the nation’s leading innovators in the field of cosmetic laser medicine. Every day he strives to restore vitality to his patients’ appearance and more importantly, help to improve their sense of well-being and confidence.
Dr. Key, a Board Certified Dermatologist, founded the Key Laser Institute in 1998. He has played an important role in the development of the modern field of aesthetic medicine. His published works and research have shaped laser medicine, not only in the United States, but internationally as well. In addition to his thriving Portland, Oregon practice, Dr. Key teaches at medical conferences around the world and continues to lead the development and improvement of the newest treatments, including Ultherapy, ThermiTight, ThermiSmooth and NovaThreads. He is currently leading investigational trials on the latest non-invasive anti-aging procedures that will become the future of cosmetic medicine.
Dr. Key received his medical training from the University of California, San Francisco with his Dermatology residency split between patient-focused New York University and research-intensive Yale University.
American Board of Dermatology
University of California, Berkeley
University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco
Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA
New York University, New York
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Post Graduate Training and Fellowships
National Cancer Institute, Dermatology National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, MD
Providence St. Vincent Medical Center
American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
American Academy of Dermatology
American Society of Dermatology Surgery
American Society of Laser Medicine & Surgery
Oregon Dermatology Society
Oregon Medical Association
Medical Society of Metro Portland
Dr. Key was selected as a Clinical Associate in Dermatology at the National Cancer Institute at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. He researched the origins of skin cancers and how the body heals itself from everyday damage of the environment and sun exposure. These early years of being involved in investigative trials and clinical research shaped Dr. Key’s future and every aspect of his approach to medicine.
Dr. Key continues to look forward, seeking to bring to his patients not only the best treatments of today, but what will be the greatest treatments of tomorrow.
Dr. Key's Published Works
- JDD Article November 2016 – A Proposed Method for Upper Eyelid and Infrabrow Tightening Using a Transcutaneous Temperature Controlled Radiofrequency Device With Opaque Plastic Eye Shields
- ThermiSmooth Body Presentation at ASLMS 2016
- Thermi250 Presentation at Thermi Users Meeting 2016
- ThermiVa Presentation at Thermi Users Meeting 2016
- ThermiTight Presentation at Thermi Users Meeting 2016
- JDD Article November 2015 – A Preliminary Study of a Transdermal Radiofrequency Device for Body Slimming
- JDD Article July 2014 – Preliminary Demonstration Using Localized Skin Temperature Elevation as Observed with Thermal Imaging as an Indicator of Fat-Specific Absorption During Focused-Field Radiofrequency Therapy
- JDD Article Feb 2014 – Comprehensive Thermoregulation for the Purpose of Skin Tightening Using a Novel Radiofrequency Treatment Device: A Preliminary Report
- Medical Spa MD Jan 2014
- First in Oregon for Advanced Treatments
- Pioneering Laser & Light Treatments
- Safety & Efficacy of Lipolysis Assisted Lipoaspiration
- Skin Tightening using GentleYAG Laser
- Aesthetic Guide July – Aug 2013
- ThermiTight White Paper Key Update July 2013