CO2 DOT Laser Therapy is a powerful tool and an art form in the quest for beautiful skin. It is very important to choose a skilled, experienced doctor. Your treatment will be performed by Dr. Douglas Key. Dr. Key has performed hundreds of CO2 DOT Laser Therapy treatments and is an expert with laser resurfacing. He has the knowledge and the skill to deliver the safest, most effective results.
CO2 Dot Laser Therapy
CO2 DOT Laser Therapy in Portland
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) DOT Laser Therapy is a powerful laser treatment. In fact, it is the best tool we have in laser medicine to address deep lines on the face and neck and acne scarring. CO2 DOT Therapy stimulates collagen production and creates long lasting results, perhaps even the longest lasting results we see in laser medicine.
Areas of Concern
What you can expect:
- A CO2 DOT laser Therapy treatment takes about 4-5 hours. The time includes an application of numbing cream, a collagen stimulating pretreatment called Gentle Waves and the CO2 DOT procedure followed by an application of healing Platelet Rich Plasma.
- You will be comfortable during your procedure. Many patients choose to take medication to help them stay calm, such as Ativan. Some choose to take painkillers, such as Vicodin or Percoset, but most commonly patients will take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as Naproxen (Alleve) or Toradol and Valtrex for prevention of fever blisters.
- You should factor in at least 12 days post treatment to be out of work and social settings. Your skin will have a sunburned look with some shedding and swelling. It is very important to allow for this critical healing period.
- Cosmetics may be applied to the treated area after one week.
- Skin appearance will continue to improve post treatment with best results evident 6-9 months post treatment.