CO2 DOT Laser Therapy is a powerful tool and an art form in the quest for beautiful skin. It is crucial to choose a skilled, experienced doctor. Your treatment will be performed by Dr. Douglas Key. Dr. Key has performed hundreds of CO2 DOT Laser Therapy treatments and is an expert with laser resurfacing. He has the knowledge and the skill to deliver the safest, most effective results.
CO2 Dot Laser Therapy
CO2 DOT Laser Therapy in Portland
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) DOT Laser Therapy is a powerful laser treatment. In fact, it is the best tool we have in laser medicine to address deep lines on the face and neck and acne scarring. CO2 DOT Therapy stimulates collagen production and creates long-lasting results, perhaps even the longest-lasting results we see in laser medicine.
The Key to optimal skincare is the Key Laser Institute for Cosmetic Regenerative Medicine. Contact us online today to schedule a consultation.
Areas of concern
Aesthetic Concerns Treated by Dot Laser Resurfacing
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Douglas Key and his team are committed to delivering a fresh, even skin tone and texture to their patients. Dot Laser skin resurfacing helps resolve cosmetic concerns that include:
- Lines and Wrinkles
- Acne & Acne Scarring
- Face, Lips, and Eyes
- Lips lines
- Loose skin on the neck
- Décolletage & Chest areas
If you live near or in Portland, Dot Laser Therapy may be the perfect skin treatment to enhance your facial aesthetics.
What to Expect from Dot Laser Resurfacing in Portland
- A CO2 DOT laser therapy treatment takes about 4-5 hours. The time includes an application of numbing cream, a collagen-stimulating pretreatment called Gentle Waves, and the CO2 DOT procedure followed by an application of healing Platelet Rich Plasma.
- You will be comfortable during this process. Many patients choose to take medication to help them stay calm, such as Ativan. Some decide to take painkillers, such as Vicodin or Percocet, but most patients will take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), like Naproxen (Aleve) or Toradol and Valtrex for prevention of fever blisters.
- You should factor in at least 12 days post-treatment to be out of work and social settings. Your skin will have a sunburned look with some shedding and swelling. It is critical to allow for this vital healing period.
- Cosmetics may be applied to the treated area after one week.
- Skin appearance will continue to improve, with best results evident 6-9 months post treatment.
Why you should choose Key Laser for CO2 DOT Laser Therapy?
FAQs for Dot Laser Therapy in Portland
Traditional CO2 laser treatments were painful and prolonged, required at least one week of downtime, and they couldn’t treat troubled areas other than the face. Also, our therapy is better suited to treat multiple skin issues concurrently.
Although the natural aging process or environmental effects will not halt, you can enjoy the benefits of DOT laser therapy for some time. We suggest adding this treatment as part of your anti-aging regimen combined with other effective treatments and an in-home skincare routine.
Fractional means that the treatment only affects the intended issue, like acne scarring or fine lines, and leaves adjacent tissue alone. This ensures a quick healing process and less downtime.