The future is all about procedures that help you look your best naturally without surgery. At Key Laser the future is already here. We want our patients to know they have a choice. Through Dr. Key’s years of dermatology clinical research he knows how to use our own cells to repair and renew aging skin. Fat Transfer is an advanced option that produces natural results using your own healing cells.
Using Your Body’s Own Natural Cells
It turns out that our best filler, our most natural filler, is our own fat! As we age our faces lose their shape. The youthful face can be heart shaped, where the older face turns upside down, and the jawline sags. We ask, what happened? It turns out that nature’s little secret is the fat in our faces. The fat keeps us looking youthful. Fat gives shape to the face, and without that shape, the face simply falls down.
At the Key Laser Institute we can “borrow” your own fat from the tummy or thigh area and put it right back where it naturally belongs. Since it’s from your body, it contains your own body’s healing cells, and they go to work rejuvenating the skin.
Areas of Concern
What you can expect:
- A Fat Transfer or Fat Grafting procedure takes about 3 hours.
- During the visit Dr. Key will identify an area of the body to harvest a small amount of fat. This area is usually the abdomen or thighs.
- Dr. Key will carefully numb the designated chosen area with local tumescent anesthesia to ensure that you are comfortable throughout the procedure. Dr. Key will aspirate the amount of fat needed for the transfer.
- Following the aspiration Dr. Key will process the fat in a special Viafill centrifuge to isolate the healing cells and enhance the fat with your own Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). These healing cells will then be injected beneath the lines and wrinkles on the face with a microcannulafor safety and precision.
- Following a fat transfer procedure you will be comfortable. You may experience some facial swelling for 1-2 weeks post treatment.
- Improvements are immediately visible post treatment and will continue to improve in the following months.
- Improved skin tone and lift can last several years.